The Junior League of Akron is Thrilled to Announce a New Focus Project!
Feeding Hope Food Pantry
This program housed within the First Congregational Church of Akron distributes groceries to members of the community who are income eligible to receive food assistance based upon current federal poverty guidelines.
Why this project?
- In 2019, Feeding Hope provided food (including fresh vegetables and frozen meat) to 12,700 people
- In March of 2020 alone, the pantry supplied food for 16,900 meals to 1,408 people
- Feeding Hope is one of 22 out of 57 food pantries in Summit County to remain open during the Covid-19 pandemic
- During non-pandemic times, this is a “choice pantry,” allowing individuals to select their own items from several categories
- As the pantry reopens to in-person shopping again, it will have a greater need for our volunteers as it continues to grow!
- We hope you will come volunteer to learn more!